Javan grizzled leaf monkey


This is the photo of Presbytis fredericae- Javan fuscous langur-Javan grizzled langur-Javan grizzled surili, or Rekrekan-vernacular name, the monkey I work with in central java, Indonesia. I have intensively survey in Mt.Slamet since 2005, but this photo I found in Sokakembang forest, Pekalogan County of Cetral Java province. I have spent a week and following this group to get their photos using Canon EOS 400D equipped with 300 mm lens. In this fragmented-unprotected forest, also still occupied by Javan gibbon (Hylobates moloch), and Javan langur (Trachypithecus auratus). Now I have started ongoing studies on population and distribution of these javan endemic primates in this new sites, and continuing our previous activities in Mt.Slamet.

Komentar

Postingan Populer